Catshill or Chadshill, Worcestershire
Catshill or Chadshill, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in the civil parish of Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, 2 miles N of Bromsgrove. It was constituted a separate ecclesiastical parish in 1843, and has a post and money order office under Bromsgrove, which is the telegraph office. Population, 2728. Nails are manufactured. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Bromsgrove. The church was built in 1838, and enlarged in 1887. There are Wes-leyan, Primitive Methodist, and Baptist chapels. Bourne Heath is a hamlet about a mile NW, and has Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bromsgrove|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Catshill or Chadshill from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.