Barbourne, an ecclesiastical parish partly in South Claines parish, Worcestershire, and partly a suburb of the city of Worcester. Population, 3065. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; value, £350. The .church of St Stephen, erected in 1862, is a handsome edifice built in the Decorated style.
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Barbourne are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.