Aston Magna, Worcestershire
Aston-Magna, a parish in Worcestershire, near the Fosse Way, and Blockley station on the G.W.R., and 3 miles NW by N of Moreton-in-Marsh, which is the post town. Population, 196. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; value, £203. The church, erected in 1846, is a stone edifice in the Gothic style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Shipston-On-Stour|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1846.
Church of England
St. John the Evangelist (parish church)
The church of St. John the Evangelist, erected in 1846, is a building of stone in the Early Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave and a low western tower, containing one bell, and will seat about 200 persons.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Aston Magna from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Aston Magna are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.