Acocks Green, Worcestershire
Acock's Green, an ecclesiastical parish in Yardley parish, Worcestershire, 4 miles E of Birmingham, of which it is practically a suburb. It was constituted in 1867, and has a station on the G.W.R., 125 miles from London, and a post office under Birmingham. The Church of St Mary's, in the Gothic style, was erected in 1866 at a cost of nearly £5000, and the nave, completed in 1882, cost an additional £3000. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £200. There are Congregational and Wesleyan chapels. Population, 2874.
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.