Wilsford or Wilsford Dauntsey, Wiltshire
Wilsford or Wilsford Dauntsey, a parish in Wiltshire, 2 miles SSW of Woodborough station on the G.W.R., and 5 WSW of Pewsey. It includes Manningford Bohun tithing, and has a post office under Marlborough; money order and telegraph office, Woodborough. Acreage, 1759; population of civil parish, 174; of ecclesiastical, with Manningford Bohun, 414. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £190 with residence. Patron, St Nicholas' Hospital, Salisbury. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Early English style, with a square embattled tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wilsford-Dauntsey St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Pewsey|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wilsford or Wilsford Dauntsey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wilsford-Dauntsey (St. Nicholas))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: