Tytherton Lucas, Wiltshire
Tytherton Lucas, an ecclesiastical parish in Wiltshire, 4 miles ENE of Chippenham station on the G.W.R. Post town, Chippenham. Population, 39. The living is a rectory annexed to Chippenham. The church is a building of stone, rebuilt in the early part of the nineteenth century, and contains a very curious Norman font.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chippenham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Tytherton Lucas:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tytherton Lucas from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tytherton-Lucas)
Online maps of Tytherton Lucas are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: