Southwick, a tithing in North Bradley parish, Wiltshire, 2½ miles SSW of Trowbridge. There are a church, a Baptist chapel, and a Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||North Bradley|
|Poor Law union||Westbury and Whorwelsdown|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
St. Thomas's, a chapel of ease to St. Nicholas, North Bradley, erected in 1904 at a cost of £3,000, is a building of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave and northwest tower, with small spire, containing one bell: at the west end is a baptistery for adult baptisms: there are 200 sittings.
The Baptist chapel, erected in 1815, has seating for 350 persons.
Particular Baptist Chapel
The Particular Baptist chapel, erected in 1861, has 150 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Southwick from the following:
Online maps of Southwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: