Shaw and Whitley, Wiltshire
Shaw and Whitley, a chapelry in Melksham parish, Wiltshire, 2 miles WNW of Melksham station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1842, and has a post and money order office under Melksham; telegraph office, Melksham. Population, 646. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Melksham. Christ Church is a stone building in the Early English style, and was restored in 1889. There is a Wesleyan chapel at Whitley.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: