Savernake, two extra-parochial tracts and a chapelry in Wiltshire. The tracts lie in Savernake Forest, extending from half a mile to 4½ miles SE by S of Marlborough, and have a station on the G.W.R., 70 miles from London. The one is North Savernake, the other is South Savernake-with-Brimslade and Cadley, and they comprise 5847 acres; population of the civil parish, 305; of the ecclesiastical district, 359. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Marlborough. The chapelry includes also a small section of Preshute parish, and was constituted in 1854. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £135 with residence. Patron, the Marquis of Ailesbnry. The church is in the Early English style.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Savernake:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: