Rodborne or Redborn, Wiltshire
Rodborne or Redborn, a chapelry in Malmesbury parish, Wiltshire, 2½ miles S of Malmesbury station on the G.W.R. Post town, Malmesbury. The property is all in one estate. There is a chapel of ease to the parish church of Corston.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
The chapel of ease here, now attached to Corston, is a building of stone in the Early English style, seating 140, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a western tower containing one bell.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rodborne or Redborn from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Rodborne)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: