Long Knoll, Wiltshire
Knoll, Long, an eminence near the mutual boundary of Wiltshire and Somerset, immediately NE of Stourhead Park, 4 miles KNW of Mere. It has an altitude of 973 feet above sea-level, and it forms the extreme W point of the chalk rock of Salisbury Plain.
Online maps of Long Knoll are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: