Littleton, a tithing in Wiltshire, on the Kennet and Avon Canal, 2 miles SSE of Melksham.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Steeple Ashton|
|Poor Law union||Melksham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Littleton from the following:
Online maps of Littleton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: