Leigh Westbury, Wiltshire
Leigh Westbury, a township in Westbury parish, Wilts, 1 mile SSW of Westbury. It forms part of Westbury, and it shares in that town's trade and institutions. The manor belonged formerly to the Cobhams and the Molins. A Saxon palace stood at Courtfield. Some writers suppose the town ship to be the Egg Lea where Alfred encamped before the battle of Ethandune. There is a chapel of ease, built in 1880, and also a Baptist chapel.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: