Hilcott, a tithing in North Newnton parish, Wiltshire, near the river Avon, 7½ miles ESE of Devizes. There are a schoolhouse used as a chapel of ease and a Primitive Methodist chape
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||North Newton|
|Poor Law union||Pewsey|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hilcott from the following:
Online maps of Hilcott are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: