Eastcott, a tithing in Swindon parish, Wiltshire, near the G.W.R. and the Wilts and Berks Canal, 1 mile NNW of Swindon.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Devizes|
|Poor Law union||Uxbridge|
|Poor Law union||Highworth and Swindon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eastcott from the following:
Online maps of Eastcott are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: