East Harnham, Wiltshire
Harnham, East, a tithing and a chapelry in Britford parish, Wilts. The tithing lies near the river Avon and half a mile S of Salisbury station on the G.W.R. The chapelry was constituted in 1855. It has a post and money order office under Salisbury; telegraph office, Salisbury. The living is a vicarage, with West Harnham annexed, in the diocese of Salisbury; value, £300. The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Cawden and Cadworth
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for East Harnham:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Harnham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Harnham, East)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: