UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

East Grimstead, Wiltshire

Historical Description

Grimstead, East, a chapelry in West Dean parish, Wiltshire, near Dean station on the L. & S.W.R., and near the boundary with Hants, 5½ miles ESE of Salisbury. Post town, West Dean. Acreage, 951; population, 131. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of West Dean, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is a modern edifice in the Later English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWiltshire 
Civil parishWest Dean 
HundredAlderbury 
Poor Law unionAlderbury 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for East Grimstead from the following:


Maps

Online maps of East Grimstead are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online:

CountyWiltshire
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtSP5
Post TownSalisbury

Advertisement

Advertisement