East Grafton, Wiltshire
Grafton, East, a tithing and a chapelry in Great Bedwin parish, Wiltshire. The chapelry was constituted in 1844, and it has a post office under Marlborough; money order and telegraph office, Burbage. Population, 739. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; gross value, £205. Patron, the Vicar of Great Bedwin.
The register dates from the year 1844.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for East Grafton:
Church of England
St. Nicholas (parish church)
The church of St. Nicholas, at East Grafton, a modern stone building in the Norman style, consists of chancel, nave of four bays, west porch, aisles and a western tower, containing a peal of 5 tubular bells, hung in commemoration of the coronation of King Edward VII. 1902: there are 400 sittings.
Online maps of East Grafton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: