Crockerton, a hamlet in Longbridge-Deverill parish, Wiltshire, 2 miles S by W of Warminster. It has a post office under Warminster, and it forms a curacy with Longbridge-Deverill.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Crockerton:
Church of England
The church of the Holy Trinity, at Crockerton, a chapelry in Longbridge Deverill parish, built in 1843, is an edifice in the Romanesque style, consisting of apsidal chancel, nave, and a small western tower containing one bell: the church will seat 300 persons.
The Congregational chapel was erected in 1859, to seat 250 persons.
Online maps of Crockerton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: