Corton, a township in Boyton parish, Wiltshire, 1 mile S of Heytesbury.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Warminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
Corton Chapel of Ease
The church is a chapel of ease to St Mary, Boyton.
The Baptist chapel, erected in 1827, has a burial-ground attached.
Baptist Mission Hall
The Baptist Mission Hall was built in 1914.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Corton from the following:
Online maps of Corton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: