Bowden Hill, Wiltshire
Bowden-Hill, a chapelry in Laycock parish, Wiltshire, 3½ miles SSE of Chippenham. It was constituted in 1863. Population, 270. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; gross value, £77 with residence.
The register dates from the year 1863.
Church of England
The church of St. Anne, built by the late Captain Gladstone R.N. of Bowden Park, is of stone, with Bath stone quoins, in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, north porch, organ chamber, and a tower containing a clock and 2 bells.
Online maps of Bowden Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: