Boreham, a hamlet 1 mile SE of Warminster station on the G.W.R., in Wilts. A church was erected here in 1865. An earthwork in the vicinity, called the Berries, is a vestige of a Roman station on the road from Old Sarum to Bath, and has yielded Roman pottery and many coins.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Boreham:
Online maps of Boreham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: