Winton, a village and a township in Kirkby Stephen parish, Westmorland, 1½ mile NE of Kirkby Stephen railway station, with a. post office under Kirkby Stephen; money order and telegraph office, Kirkby Stephen. Acreage, 4518; population, 256. Lord Hothfield is lord of the manor. There are a Baptist chapel and an endowed school.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Stephen|
|Poor Law union||East ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Winton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.