Wharton, a township in Kirkby Stephen parish, Westmorland, 2 miles S by W of Kirkby Stephen station on the M.R. and N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Kirkby Stephen. Acreage, 1501; population, 59.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Stephen|
|Poor Law union||East ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wharton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wharton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.