Storrs, a hamlet in Undermilbeck township, Westmorland, on Windermere lake, 2 miles SSW of Bowness. Storrs Hall was built by Sir J. Legard,Bart.; passed to the Boltons and the Staniforths, to whom it now belongs, and in 1825 was the place of a famous meeting of Professor Wilson, Sir Walter Scott, Canning, Southey, Wordsworth, and Lockhart. It contains some fine pictures, and a rich collection of porcelain.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.