Sedgwick, a township in Heversham parish, Westmorland, on the river Kent, 3¾ miles S by W of Kendal, and 3 from Oxenholme station on the L. & N.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Kendal. Acreage, 495; population, 216. The Kendal and Lancaster Canal runs through the township.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sedgwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Sedgwick)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.