Rosegill, a hamlet in Shap parish, Westmorland, on the river Lowther, 2 miles NW of Shap station on the L. & N.W.R. Remains are here of Rosegill Hall, an ancient residence of the Rosegills, the Salkelds, and others, now a farmhouse. The manor belongs to the Earl of Lonsdale.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.