Preston Richard, Westmorland
Preston Richard, a township in Haversham parish, Westmorland, in the valley of the Beetha river, to the E of Haversham, about 3 miles from Milnthorpe railway station. It contains the hamlets of Crooklands, End Moor, and Milton. At End Moor is a post, money order, and telegraph office under Kendal. Acreage, 2134; population, 718. There are gunpowder mills and a bobbin factory. Snmmerlands, the Old Hall, and Enyeat are chief residences.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Preston Richard from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Preston-Richard)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.