Patton, a township in Kendal parish, Westmorland, 3½ miles NE by N of Kendal station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Kendal. Acreage, 637; population, 82. There is a corn-mill.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Patton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Patton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.