Melkinthorpe, a village in Lowther parish, Westmorland, on the river Leathe, 6¼ miles N of Shap, and 1 mile from Clifton station on the L. & N.W.R. and N.E.R.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||West ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Melkinthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Melkinthorpe)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.