Low Winder, Westmorland
Winder, Low, a hamlet and a township in Barton parish, Westmorland, 4½ miles SSW of Penrith. Post town, Penrith; money order and telegraph office, Pooley Bridge. The township comprises the hamlet of High Winder. Acreage, 342; population, 15. Winder Hall, an old mansion, is now occupied as a farmhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||West ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Low Winder from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Winder, Low)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.