Lambrigg, a township in Grayrigg ecclesiastical parish, Westmorland, at the source of the river Mint, 5 miles ENE of Kendal, and 2 from Grayrigg station on the L. & N.W.R. Acreage, 1803; population, 163. The manor belonged to the Burnesheads, passed to the Bellinghams and the Dnchetts, and belongs now to the Lowthers. Lambrigg Foot and Moresdale Halljare chief residences. Part of the surface is a long lofty fell, called Lambrigg Park. Copper ore was formerly worked.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lambrigg from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lambrigg)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.