Hincaster, a township in Heversham parish, Westmorland, near the Lancaster and Kendal Canal, 4 miles S of Kendal, and 2 from Milnthorpe station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Milnthorpe; money order and telegraph office, Sedgwick. Acreage, 700; population, 141. A Roman station is supposed to have been here.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hincaster from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hincaster)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.