High Barton, Westmorland
Barton, High, a township in Barton parish, Westmoreland, on the river Eamont, 4 miles SW of Penrith. It extends beyond the source of the Eamont in Ullswater, and includes the hamlet of Pooley Bridge, which has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Penrith, and it once had the right of a weekly market. Acreage, 2458; population, 314.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.