Helton, a village in Askham parish, Westmorland, on the river Lowther, 5 miles S of Penrith, 'and 3½ from Clifton station on the L. & N.W.R. Helton Common has a Drnidi-cal circle, and another antiquity called the Cope Stone.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||West ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Helton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Helton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.