Haverbrack, a township in Beetham parish, Westmorland, on the river Kent, 1½ mile SW of Milnthorpe station on the L. & N.W.R. Acreage, 649, of which 113 are tidal water and foreshore; population, 143. The manor belonged to Conishead priory, was given at the dissolution to the Thornburghs, and passed to the Wilsons. Dallam Tower, the seat of the Thornburghs, was rebuilt in 1720 by the Wilsons.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Haverbrack from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Haverbrack)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.