Colby or Coleby, Westmorland
Colby or Coleby, a village in St Lawrence-Appleby parish, Westmorland, on the river Eden, 1½ mile WNW of Appleby. It belonged to the Colbys and the Warcops.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||East ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Colby or Coleby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Colby)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.