UK Genealogy Archives logo

Calgarth Hall, Westmorland

Historical Description

Calgarth Hall, a seat on the east side of Windermere, 3½ miles SSE of Ambleside, in Westmoreland. It was built and occupied in the early part of the century by Bishop Watson of Llandaff.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.