Arnside, a village in Beetham parish, Westmoreland, on the coast, near the Furness railway, at the influx of the river Kent to Morecambe Bay, 4½ miles W of Burton-in-Kendal. It has a station on the railway, a post, money order, and telegraph office under Camforth, and a church built in 1866. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, about £80. Patron, the Vicar of Beetham. There is also a Wesleyan chapel. Arnside Knot is an adjacent eminence, commanding an extensive prospect; and Arnside Tower, on that eminence, is the ruined ancient residence of the Stanleys.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Arnside from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.