Winderton, a hamlet and a chapelry in Brailes parish, Warwickshire, 5 miles E of Shipston-on-Stour. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Brailes. The church is a beautiful edifice in the Early English style, and was erected in 1878.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Winderton:
See Brailes for earlier records.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Winderton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.