Warton or Waverton, Warwickshire
Warton or Waverton, an ecclesiastical parish in Polesworth parish, Warwickshire, 1½ mile NE of Polesworth station on the L. & N.W.R., and 5 miles N of Atherstone, with a post office under Atherstone; money order and telegraph office, Polesworth. It was constituted in 1849. Population, 550. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £143 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Polesworth. The church is a modern edifice in the Early English style. There is a Baptist chapel.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Warton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.