Ward End, Warwickshire
Ward End, an ecclesiastical parish in Aston parish, Warwickshire. It is included in the city of Birmingham, and has a post office under Birmingham; money order office, Washwood Heath; telegraph office, Saltley. It was constituted in 1870, and includes Little Bromwich hamlet. Population, 1116. Ward End Hall and Ward End House are the chief residences. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester; net, value, £139 with residence. Patron, the Aston Trustees. The church was rebuilt in 1835.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Aston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ward End from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ward End are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.