Ullenhall, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Wootton Wawen parish, Warwickshire, 2 miles NW of Henley-in-Arden station, and 5 SW of Kingswood junction on the G.W.R., with a post and money order office under Birmingham; telegraph office, Henley-in-Arden. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1861, and includes also the hamlet of Aspley. Population, 508. Barrells Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £67 with residence. The ancient church, dating from the 14th century, is chiefly used as a mortuary chapel. The modern church was erected in 1875.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Wootton Waven|
|Poor Law union||Stratford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Ullenhall:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
See Wootton Wawen for earlier records.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ullenhall from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ullenhall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.