Stockingford, a straggling village and an ecclesiastical parish in Nuneaton parish, Warwickshire, 2 miles W of Nuneaton, with a station on the Leicester and Birmingham branch of the M.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Nuneaton. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1846. Population, 2678. There are collieries and brickworks. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £119 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Nuneaton. The church was built in 1824. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nuneaton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Stockingford:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stockingford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stockingford)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stockingford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.