Pinley, a township in Rowington parish, Warwickshire, 1½ mile N of Claverdon station on the Stratford-on-Avon and Alcester section of the G.W.R., and 3 miles E by N of Henley-in-Arden. Pinley Abbey is the chief residence. A Benedictine nunnery cell was founded here at the Norman Conquest by R. de Pilardinton, and has left some remains at a farmhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Warwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pinley from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pinley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.