UK Genealogy Archives logo

Pailton, Warwickshire

Historical Description

Pailton, a village and a township in Monks Kirby parish, Warwickshire. The village stands 2½ miles NE of Brinklow station on the Trent Valley section of the L. & N.W.R., and 5 NNW of Rugby. It has a post and money order office under Rugby; telegraph office, Monks Kirby. The township comprises 1756 acres; population, 493. There is a parish council consisting of five members. Pailton House is the chief residence. A chapel of ease was built in 1884. There are reading and news rooms and a Baptist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWarwickshire 
Civil parishMonks Kirby 
HundredKnightlow 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Pailton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Pailton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictRugby
CountyWarwickshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtCV23
Post TownRugby