Oldbury, a township in Mancetter parish, Warwickshire, on the Coventry Canal, near Watling Street, 2 miles S of Atherstone. Acreage, 611; population, 82. Oldbury Hall and Oldbury Chase are the chief residences. There are remains of a Roman camp near Oldbury Hall. Granite is quarried. The name Oldbury alludes to the Roman station of Manduessedum on Watling Street.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Atherstone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Oldbury from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.