New Bilton, Warwickshire
Bilton, New, a parish and practically a suburb of the town of Rugby, Warwickshire, but not in anyway included in it. It has a post office under Rugby, which is the money order and telegraph office. Population, 1091. It was assigned a separate ecclesiastical district in the parish of Bilton. In 1868, when the church was consecrated, it became under the 15th section of Act 6 & 7 Vie. a parish for ecclesiastical purposes, known by the name of The New Parish of New Bilton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £189 with residence. The church was built and endowed by the rector of Bilton, assisted by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners and subscribers, and was enlarged in 1881. The Rugby Portland Cement Company Iiave works here, and brick-making is also carried on.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for New Bilton:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of New Bilton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.