Hawkesbury, a hamlet in Foleshill parish, Warwickshire, 2 miles NW of Foleshill. It has a station, of the name of Hawkesbury Lane, on the Coventry and Nuneaton branch of the G.W.R..
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Hawkesbury, ironchurch:
See Sowe & Longford for earlier records.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hawkesbury are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.