Dordon, a village in Polesworth parish, Warwickshire,. near the Coventry Canal, 2 miles SE of Polesworth, and 2¼NW of Atherstone. There is a post office under Tamworth;. money order and telegraph office, Polesworth. There is a. chapel of ease to Polesworth parish church, erected in 1867,, and also a Methodist New Connexion chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Dordon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.